The mission of the 2018 Swan Hill Print and Drawing Acquisitive Awards is to promote excellence in Australian prints and drawings; present an exhibition of contemporary Australian prints and drawings, and continue to build a high quality collection for Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery.
|Thursday 7 February 2018||Entries close|
|Thursday 22 March 2018||Announcement of finalists|
|Saturday 12 May 2018||Celebratory dinner, launch, and official announcement of Award winners|
|Sunday 13 May 2018||11am Walk through the exhibition with artists and judges|
|Sunday 8 July 2018||Announcement of People’s Choice Award. Last day of exhibition|
Akky van Ogtrop
President Print Council of Australia
Convention & Art Centre Manager,
Devonport City Council
Formerly Burnie Regional Art Gallery Director
Conditions of entry
- Artists from around Australia are invited to submit a print or drawing created after January 2016.
- All entrants must submit an entry form with a high quality electronic image of the work (either TIF or JPG max. 5 MB) and a short statement (maximum length of 50 words – word or rtf format). Note: Slides or photographs will not be accepted.
- Images, statement about the work, a signed entry form and a non-refundable handling fee of $40.00 per work will be accepted by Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery up until COB 7 February 2018. Cheques to be made payable to Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Finalists will be notified by 22 March 2018.
- Awards are not open to employees or family members of Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery or members of the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery Advisory Committee.
- Finalists are responsible for delivering all work/s to Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery no later than 4 May 2018.
- Adequate protection must be taken in packaging work as no responsibility will be taken by Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery for damage or lost works during transit. Works of art will be insured whilst in storage and on display at Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery.
- All works selected for the exhibition must be available for the duration of the exhibition, current from 12 May to 8 July 2018.
- Work is to be suitably mounted and ready to hang. Instructions are to be supplied with the work if alternative installation is required.
- Finalists’ works must be available for sale. A commission of 20% will be retained by Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery upon sale of the artworks.
- All finalists’ works and statement about their work must be available for any form of media promotion and advertising of the exhibition. The Gallery will strive to ensure any publicity of artwork is appropriate.
- Two awards will be given. One print and one drawing will be acquired by Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery. Selected artists will receive the value of their work and an additional amount up to a total of $7,000.
- Artists are responsible for the return of their artwork and must be collected by 15 July 2018.