Are you an artist or creative person living in the Swan Hill region? Do you enjoy going to live shows, visiting galleries or getting involved at the Library?
Or maybe you have ideas about what would entice you to get involved or attend a local arts event?
In May, you can have your say on all things creative as Swan Hill Rural City Council develops a Creative Strategy for our municipality.
Please register here to attend a session in your local community.
The Creative Strategy will guide arts and cultural engagement for the next four years, provide opportunities for arts and culture in the Swan Hill region, and set the path towards enhancing the region’s reputation for creativity.
Community consultation will play a major part in the early development stages of the strategy and Mayor Les McPhee encouraged local people to get involved now.
“Art can and does drive change, it adds to our quality of life, and helps us to create vibrant communities,” Cr McPhee said.
“Council identifies the importance of creative arts and creative industries to enhance the future growth, well-being and livability of the Swan Hill regional community.
“So don’t miss your chance to have a say on how arts and culture can improve, grow and continue to play an integral part in the Swan Hill region.”
Art consultants Bryce Ives and Merryn Tinkler have been engaged to develop the strategy and will run a series of community consultation sessions.
Community members from all walks of life are encouraged to get involved and consider topics like:
• How arts, culture and the creative sectors can shape the vibrancy and success of the region.
• Aspirations for improving your creative community.
• What must the Swan Hill region maintain in the future, what must we strengthen?
• What does the Swan Hill region want to be known for creatively and culturally?
Sessions will be held at:
• Swan Hill Library – on Sunday, 6 May 2pm-6pm
• Nyah Memorial Hall – Monday, 7 May 2pm-3pm
• Robinvale Community Centre – Monday, 7 May 6pm-9pm
• Manangatang Hotel – Tuesday, 8 May 11am-2pm
• Swan Hill Town Hall Tuesday, 8 May 7pm-9pm
• Lake Boga Catalina Museum – Wednesday, 9 May 12pm-4pm
• Swan Hill Library Aboriginal artists and community – Tuesday, 22 May 5pm
Please register here to attend one of these sessions.
One-on-one interviews will also be held with senior arts and cultural leaders.
Powered by WPeMatico