Enter the amazing world of Italian renaissance genius Leonardo Da Vinci in an interactive exhibition of over 50 of his machines and inventions. Marvel at his vision for a helicopter, a tank, spring driven car, the wooden bicycle and paddle boat. Crank the gears of numerous contraptions and wind the handle of the hydraulic pump.
Actual size digital prints of the Last Supper, the Mona Lisa, Lady with an Ermine and Da Vinci’s self portrait compliment this immersive step back into the Italian Renaissance.
Share in the extraordinary future of Da Vinci – artist scientist and inventor.
|When:||At the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery every day from June 23 until August 20|
Child $6 (ages 5-17)
Family $25 (2 adults and 2 children)
Don’t miss these special events
- Friday, 30 June 2017.Join the director for an informal lunchtime floor talk on other notable artists of the time and Da Vinci’s influence upon them.
- 4, 6, 11 and 13 July 2017.Use drawing and other materials as seen in the exhibition to produce artworks and crazy new inventions.
- Friday, 7 July 2017.Children will make their own Da Vinci style compound machine – a mini wheelbarrow to take home!
- Sunday, 23 July 2017.Brian Butler will lead you through a presentation on the origin and development of Renaissance music and instruments.
- Saturday, 5 August 2017.Delight in this special Italian style afternoon tea with entertainment from soprano Rianne Graham.
- Sunday, 13 August 2017.Tour through the exhibition with local inventor, sculptor and artist Steve Cole and hear his story of inventions old and new.